BLOOMSBURY MINERALS ECONOMICS LIMITED

 

BME’s Directors and Officers

The company was founded by Peter Hollands and Barbara Sotowicz in 1993. Peter is the Managing Director: he has over forty years’ experience in geology, the resources business and commodities markets. Barbara Sotowicz is a Director and Company Secretary: she has a background in geology, kimberlite mineralogy and crystallography.

BME’s Copper Market Reports & Database

BME currently has available a copper market outlook through 2020, forecasting copper prices and the fundamentals of the market: mine, smelter & refinery production, refined consumption, imports & exports of copper in concentrates, blister and refined, together with an overall global market balance. Looking further ahead, BME has in progress a forecast through 2030, intended for use in pre-feasibility studies for mine projects. These reports are supported by a very detailed country-by-country database. Click here to see a sample Outlook to 2020, the first one issued in 2017: this has subsequently been fully updated.

While BME’s own specialisation is the copper market, it is also an investor in other research companies that cover 40+ more commodities and is also a member of a broad Metal Market Alliance.

Gold Price Model – via Metal Price Analytics

BME owns 25% of the mathematical price modelling company Metal Price Analytics Ltd (MPA), while the other 75% is owned by Adam Sotowicz. In December 2017, MPA and Metals Focus Ltd (MF) formed a 50:50 joint venture (JV) called MF Price Analytics Ltd (MFPA). From January 2018 MPA has been providing JV customers with the output of its gold price model, whilst MF provides fundamental market and macro-economic analysis and undertakes the marketing. Samples of the daily gold price model’s output can be requested from MF. A platinum price model will soon follow.

MPA also has the capability to model prices of the LME base, ferrous and minor metals, on a pre-paid bespoke basis, provided the sponsor can also give help with data, where needed.

Battery and Hi-Tech Materials, Alloys, Steel, Industrial Minerals – via Roskill

In addition to its 25% holding in MPA, and indirect 12.5% stake in MFPA, BME also has a 36.9% stake in Roskill: 240 shares out of 650 issued. The Roskill Group (now including Roskill Pariser in Germany) is a leader in analysis and price forecasting for over forty industries. Markets for rapidly growing battery materials and hi-tech materials like lithium, graphite, rare earths, nickel and cobalt are a particular strength. Roskill also covers minor metals, industrial minerals, glasses & ceramics, carbon & chemicals: not just at the ‘commodity’ end but also downstream: for instance in depth reports on lithium ion batteries and mineral flame retardants. It is also building an events business, starting with a very successful series of conferences on battery raw materials and on salt. It continues rapidly to expand and in 2018 is entering the mine cost modelling and greenfield mine projects appraisal fields.

To learn more about Roskill’s molybdenum study click here, cobalt click here, nickel click here, tin click here, lithium click here, rare earths click here, graphite click here.

The Metal Market Alliance

BME and MPA’s reach is extended further by their membership of the Metal Market Alliance along with Huw Roberts and Claire Hassall (macro-economists and China experts), Cliff Green (technical analysis), David Waite & Michael Lockwood (price risk management) and Martin Haller (bauxite, alumina and aluminium).

Please click here to see a sample of Cliff Green’s Daily Base and Precious Metals Report and here to see a copy of his Weekly Base Metals Report.

Please click here to see a sample of CHR Economics’ Monthly Global Industrial Production Watch.

To see a presentation on bauxite and alumina by Martin Haller click here.

Please click here to see a publication on price risk management by Michael Lockwood and David Waite.

See also Bloomsbury Minerals Economics Ltd’s corporate profile on LinkedIn for more frequent updates.

View Peter Hollands's profile on LinkedIn

Corporate profile on LinkedIn

Contact – Peter Hollands – ph@bloomsburyminerals.com

Copyright 2018 // Bloomsbury Minerals Economics Ltd., 97 Judd Street, London, WC1H 9JG




Web Design Brighton by Pebble Tree Studios